Steve’s Custom Canvas was started in 1991 by Steve Palis, working out of a trailer in the back of Sutter Marine on Irondequoit Bay. The seasonal boat canvas business quickly expanded services and grew into a full service year-round custom canvas, upholstery and awning manufacturer. In 1994 the company moved into its present 9,000 square production facility at 765 County Line Road at the corner of route 104 in Webster. The experienced craftsmen on staff at Steve’s Custom Canvas enjoy a solid reputation for quality and customer service. Today, they continue to grow the company and expand its capabilities.
Where We Are…
We are conveniently located at the corner of Route 104 and County Line Road and across the street from Crown Electric – just two miles east of Xerox’s Webster Plant on the Monroe / Wayne County border.
How We Work…
Give us a call so we can talk about what you’ve got; boat description, size, model, etc., and what you need; tanneau cover, mooring cover, upholstery, awnings, etc. Chances are we can give you a competitive price range and be able to discuss all of your options.
Come into our shop for a firm price. We can talk face to face, show you our quality, take the measurements, pick materials, choose colors, go over all the details, take your deposit and put you on our schedule.
When you pick up your order we go over care, maintenance, storage and make sure your completely satisfied with our work.
We stand behind the quality of the materials we use and our workmanship. We accept checks, credit cards and of course, cash.
Materials We Use …
We use only the highest quality materials and fittings available, and are backed by the manufacturer’s warranty.
- Sunbrella acrylic canvas which is the most durable and breathable “canvas” for boats. See the Sunbrella site for fabric description, colors, and warranty information.
- Heavy gauge, marine quality stainless steel or aluminum.
- 20, 30, or 40-gauge polished clear vinyl.
- Highest quality UV-resistant dacron and PTFE threads.
- #10 zippers; built for tough duty!
- Marine-grade upholstery fabrics; mildew resistant, colorfast, handsome weaves.